Thursday, January 21, 2016

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

 i just love greenery in my old wash tub.  and this sled has many memories of winters from many years ago.  including chipping my tooth.


peeking at the spruce trees thru our weeping willow covered in some of the thickest frost i have ever seen.


i also love pictures when you can catch the snow falling.  someday i want to do family pictures on a beautiful snowy day.  


and now for the craft portion.  i made this winter bunting the other night.  it was SO easy.  the hardest part was doing a bit of math to get the correct length for some drape.  trust me 10" will be perfect (i thought it should be 16" too much)  i used my pinking blade on my rotary cutter on the triangles & did a simple zigzag on the sides.  i then cut a strip about 1/2 to 3/4" wide of the left over burlap i had from the table runner.  i zigzaged on 1 side of that to help stop the fraying.  i then kept with the same zigzag to attach my triangles.  tied a knot in both ends and hung it up.  




2 comments: